Eclipse PDT Installation
The easies way to install Eclipse PDT is to download the latest all-in-one version from http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/. Once on the page:
- Click on the Download link.
- Find the latest release (stable release is recommended).
- Look for All-in-one option and click on the link corresponding to your platform (Linux, Max, Windows).
- Once downloaded, Uncompress the file and open the eclipse executable
Once your eclipse platform is open
- Click on the Help menu.
- Navigate your way to Software Updates and click on “Find and Install…”.
- The “Feature Updates” window will open, then Select “Search for new features to install” and click on Next.
- Check the the “Europa Discovery Site” and click on Finish.
- On the “Update Site Mirrors” window, select a mirror or just click OK.
- On the “Search Results” window, expand the “Europa Discovery Site”.
- Check the “Remote Access and Device Development” box, then click on the “Select Required” button.
- Click Next.
- Accept the terms and click on Next.
- Click on Finish. (wait for the software to download)
- When the “Verification” window pops up, click on “Install All”.
- After installation is complete, say “Yes” to restart the eclipse.
- Click on the Window menu.
- Navigate to “Open Perspective” and click on “Other…”.
- Select “Remote System Explorer” and and click OK.
- Click on the “Define a connection to remote system” icon.
- Select the “SSH Only” as the System Type, and click on Next.
- Type the Host Name of the SSH Server and click on Finish.
- Navigate your way to the folder that has your PHP code. While doing this, Eclipse will ask you for your login credentials. Type your SSH Login and Password and click OK.
- Once you find the folder you are looking for, Right-Click on it, and click on “Create Remote Project”. Depending on the size of the project this could take a while.
- Now you should be able to open your PHP prospective by clicking on the Window -> Open Prospective -> “Other …” menu. Then slect PHP from the list and click OK.
Note: If your PDT Eclipse doesn’t recognize the project as a PHP Project, then you must manually edit the .project file on the remote server and add the following code:
Between the <buildSpec> tags add: